International travel provides invaluable opportunities for allowing individuals of any age to develop a broader understanding of the world. These experiences are even more valuable throughout adolescence when youth are struggling to understand their place in the world and then environment around them. We want to provide these opportunities for our youth with the facilitation, guidance, and mentoring of our faculty and staff. Participating in one of our yearly mission trips (focused on community service, making a difference, and helping others) or study tours (focused on cultural and educational opportunities and experiences) can provide our students with memorable and valuable insights that impact the course of their lives.
2017 Amsterdam Formosa Study Tour (3/27-4/4, 2017) – please use the attachment and the exact promotion title for the study tour. Also, I am also including one student’s photo journal.
Summer 2017 Korean Film Production Camp
Make friends, make films, meet professional
film directors, and have fun this summer at DINFAC!
- The focus of the Netherlands tour was on the historical connections between Taiwan and Holland.
- Details and a letter to parents.
Yunnan, China -Students attending the mission trip will receive community service hours rather than academic credit. Please click on the above link for an overview of each tour offered.
Summer 2015 Study Tours
- South Korea Video Film & Production Camp – travel to Anseong, So. Korea’s beautiful forest reserve to join 150 students from 8 different countries. 20 teams will create short films in 5 days. PLUS, instruction in professional equipment and instruction in camera techniques, filming and editing, acting, singing, dancing, sightseeing, and a talent show.
- Taiwan & 2 week Amsterdam Tour based on Tales of Dutch Formosa – Experience the legacy of Dutch Formosa through a shared history of Taiwan and Holland. While in Amsterdam you will travel to many of the historic and popular sites while learning how the Dutch influenced Taiwan.
- US History, US Eastern Seaboard – 1492-1865, Colonial beginnings to the Civil War. Study American History where it happened. Major cities to visit include; New York, Boston, Philadelphia ,Washington D.C., Baltimore, and Richmond
Inner Mongolia Project – to work with ELIV to plant 1,500 trees on the edges of the the Mongolian desert to slow down desertification of forest land.
- Spring Israel-Jordan Study Tour -to study archaeology, current events, geography, history, literature, photography, religion, social studies, and travel writing.
- Peru Summer School -May be taken for Spanish I, II, or III credit (will also receive community service hours for some trip activities)
- India Mission Trip- To build two 1-day Church structures with Maranatha International and VBS programs.
- Central Europe Study Tour- Visiting famous, historic cities including Budapest, Vienna, Prague, and Munich
- Philippines Mission Trip – Painting and renovations of a small mission school
- Italy Study Tour – Visiting famous, historic cities including Rome, Florence, and Venice
- Cambodia Mission Trip – Volunteering/painting at an orphanage and English-language programs for mission schools
- England/Scotland Study Tour – Visiting historic London, Stonehenge, Edinburgh Castle, and a Shakespearean play
- China Mission Trip – Providing English classes and health classes at a community center
- Australia Study Tour – Visiting Sydney Opera House, Sydney Aquarium, Royal Botanical Gardens, and Gold Coast beaches
- Penghu, Taiwan Mission/Study Tour – Community service at local school, island hopping, sea-turtle conservation center, and canoeing/snorkeling
- Italy/Switzerland Study Tour – Visiting cities like Rome, Milan, Zurich, and Geneva
- Japan Study Tour – Visiting Hiroshima Peace Park, Panasonic Center-Tokyo, Tokyo Disney Land, and Tokyo Midtown
India Mission Trip – Building dormitories for mission school and digging wells to provide clean water