Luis Comparada BSc, MSc
This course is designed to thoroughly acquaint the student with calculus content typically covered in a first year college calculus course. It is also aligned with the College Board AP®-Calculus standards so as to prepare the student for the AP®-Calculus AB exam.
1. understand the meaning of the derivative as a rate of change and a local linear approximation.
2. use derivatives to solve problems involving rates of change.
3. understand the relationship between the derivative and the definite integral.
4. write models of written physical situations using functions, differential equations, or integrals.
5. develop an appreciation of the power and utility of calculus.
Ongoing Independent Practice List:
AP® Calculus Resources (mostly from the College Board website):
Links to Practice Problems on the Internet:
AP® and Advanced Placement® are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.